- Syntactic build. It design defines the fresh elements having specifying the new specialized presentation sentence structure away from RIF logic dialects by the concentrating brand new presentation sentence structure of construction. The latest demonstration sentence structure is used inside the RIF in order to determine the fresh semantics of languages also to train an element of the details with examples. It sentence structure is not meant to be a concrete sentence structure to have new dialects; they renders aside details such as the delimiters of the various syntactic areas, parenthesizing, precedence regarding providers, and stuff like that. While the RIF is actually a keen interchange style, it spends XML as the only concrete syntax.
- Semantic build. The latest semantic framework identifies the fresh new components that will be employed for indicating the newest types of RIF reasoning languages.
- XML serialization construction. It structure defines the overall standards you to reasoning dialects are to use in indicating the real XML-situated syntaxes. Per dialect, its tangible XML sentence structure was a by-product of dialect’s presentation sentence structure. It can be thought to be an excellent serialization of that syntax.
- Constants and parameters. These terminology are common to the majority logic languages.
- Positional conditions. These terms are commonly utilized in first-acquisition reason. RIF-FLD represent positional conditions into the a slightly alot more standard method within the buy allow languages that have highest-purchase syntax, instance HiLog [CKW93] and you can Relfun [RF99].
- Terms with named objections. These are for example positional terms besides for each and every conflict out-of a great title is known as additionally the order of one’s objections is actually immaterial. Terminology having named objections generalize the idea of rows inside the relational tables, where line headings correspond to conflict labels.
- Listing. This type of words correspond to lists inside logic coding, as they are included in the basic Logic Dialect. Minimal systems ones terms are used regarding the Center Dialect additionally the Design Laws Dialect.
- Frames. A frame label means a denial regarding an object as well as functions. These terms match particles out-of F-logic [KLW95]. You will find syntactic resemblance anywhere between words having named arguments and you may structures, since services (otherwise properties) out of an item end up like entitled arguments. Yet not, new semantics of them terms and conditions are different (come across Part Semantic Formations).
- Class. These types of terms and conditions https://datingranking.net/buddygays-review/ are used to describe the newest subclass and category subscription dating. There have been two types of class terms: subscription terminology and you may subclass terms and conditions. Such as for instance structures, such words have been lent away from F-logic [KLW95].
- Equality. Such terms and conditions are accustomed to equate almost every other terminology.
pred:numeric-equivalent or pred:boolean-equivalent). Those predicates have fixed interpretations, which coincide with the interpretation of the equality terms defined in this document when the latter are evaluated over data types. General use of equality terms is supported in systems such as FLORA-2 [FL2], and special cases are also allowed in Relfun [RF99].
Terms are then used to define several types of RIF-FLD formulas. RIF dialects can choose to permit all or some of the aforesaid categories of terms. In addition, RIF-FLD introduces extension points, one of which allows the introduction of new kinds of terms. An extension point is a keyword that is not a syntactic construct per se, but a placeholder that is supposed to be replaced by specific syntactic constructs of an appropriate kind. RIF-FLD defines several types of extension points: symbols (NEWSYMBOL), connectives (), quantifiers (NEWQUANTIFIER), aggregate functions (NEWAGGRFUNC), and terms (NEWTERM).
Although not, beyond your analysis designs, the new interpretation of equivalence conditions may vary and that is determined because of the items in RIF documents
Icon rooms partition the latest band of non-logical symbols that match individual constants, predicates, and procedures, each partition is then offered its very own semantics. A symbol place have an enthusiastic identifier and a beneficial lexical place, which talks of the newest “shape” of your icons where icon room. Some symbol areas during the RIF are widely used to select Internet entities as well as their lexical space includes chain one syntactically seem like internationalized financing identifiers [RFC-3987], or Eye (e.grams., Almost every other icon places are acclimatized to depict the latest datatypes required by RIF (such as for instance,